Watching the Eagles play the Dolphins game yesterday, you would have thought the Eagles were only a game out of the playoffs. Chris Myers kept talking about the Eagles playoff chances. I think we all need to ask Jim Mora what he thinks about the Eagles playoff chances.
I don’t consider myself the usual doom and gloom Philly fan, but c’mon people, there is no chance that the Eagles are making the playoffs. Yes, they looked decent yesterday, but have they done that for more than two games in a row all season? They would have to win three games more in a row, just to have a sniff of the playoffs. And then we would still need the Stupid Cowboys and Stupid Giants to lose some games for us to have a chance.
Check out the playoff scenarios here.
Let’s just temper down our expectations, and try and enjoy the last few weeks of football. If you get your hopes up about the Eagles again, you’re just begging for disappointment. They’ve done this to us all year. I’m telling you this for your own good.
Here’s a real question for you to ponder, if the Eagles by some miracle go 3-0 or 2-1 through the rest of the season, does Reid give Castillo another shot? (Please no!) Or if the Birds crap the bed and go 0-3, is it time for Reid to go? Ray Didinger said it was time for Reid and the Eagles to move on, during his WIP show on Saturday. If Didinger has given up on you Andy, you’re in a lot of trouble.
Couch Change (other football thoughts from the weekend):
- Outside of the Eagles winning, is there anything more fun than watching the Cowboys blow it? Dallas Sucks! Ha Ha
- I never believed that Tebow would be a good NFL quarterback, but what he has done this season has been unbelievable. It’s such a fun story to watch that I’ve actually started rooting for the Broncos. I’m also considering going back to church again. (Not really.)
- Tebow 2011 = Vick 2010. Once defensive coordinators get an off-season to study film on him, he’s going to be in a lot of trouble next year. He’s a fun story, but he’s not going to be a long term success. (Bring on the Tebow Defenders!)
- If the Eagles finish with a top 10 pick in the draft, do they consider drafting a quarterback? Vick only has one more “real” year left on his contract. The coaching situation is going make a big impact.
- This column is why I love Ray Didinger, and Philadelphia Eagles fans. (A must read.)
- All the hours and months of studying fantasy football down the drain in about 11 hours. Lost all three of my fantasy league playoffs yesterday. I know you were curious.
- Do you want a good reason to watch the abysmal Monday Night Football game tonight between the Rams and Seahawks? Imagine how much money you would pay to watch that game in May. We’ve only got a few weeks in the season.
- Who was that offensive coordinator who was yelling at Tom Brady? Who does he think he is?
- Proof that the NFL cares more about the networks and sponsors that the fans: They DID NOT flex the Patriots – Broncos games to Sunday night next week. Everyone in the country wants to see Brady vs. Tebow. We’re all tired of watching the Ravens and Chargers.
- Greg Jennings injury during the Packers game has to give them pause about going for 19-0. They know the most important thing is the Super Bowl. They may start resting players now.
- Even though I told everyone to give up on the Eagles making the playoffs, I still have a glimmer of hope inside me too. It’s part of what makes us Philly Fans the best.